Keep up to date with the latest post by following me on twitter @bookplusheart
In A Shade Of Blood, Bella Forrest transports you deeper into a unique, enthralling and beautifully sensitive story. Prepare to be lost in its pages…
When Sofia Claremont was kidnapped to a sunless island, uncharted by any map and ruled by the most powerful vampire coven on the planet, she believed she’d forever be a captive of its dark ruler, Derek Novak.
Now, after months of surviving an endless night, the morning sun may soon rise again for Sofia. Something has possessed Derek’s heart and he offers her a gift no human slave has ever been given in the history of his cursed island: escape.
High school, prom and a chance to move on with her life now await her.
But will she be able to forget the horrors that steal her sleep away at night? … and the feelings that haunt her for that tormented prince of darkness?
Wholly Crap! Well I am glad many of the questions I asked in my last post have been answered. Here are some different facts about these vampires compared to other ones you may have read about.
FYI about VAMPIRES in THE SHADE
1. They are able to sleep.
2. They heal really fast from artificial bruises and cuts.
3. If a human is hurt, the vampire can let the human drink some of their blood and 'wa-lah' they are healed.
4. They can have sex with humans like it is no big deal.
So besides some of these differences they are still some similarities.
1. They can be killed by sunlight.
2. They Love Human blood, but can live off animal blood if need be.
3. They live in covens.
As you can see we have a nice mix of your vampire books/movie/TV shows.
One thing that I 'personally' have a difficult time with is, a book with multiple points-of-view. I can handle 2 POV alternating between chapters, but this book you HAVE to read the chapter headings, because it kept flipping. We have POV's by Sophia, Derek, Ben, and Lucas. It was interested though, this was the first book that the multiple POVs didn't bug me. I actually was intrigued by what was going on with each characters.
Now let's talk about some of these characters.
Best-friend/Boyfriend/ Former Best-Friend/ Former Boyfriend of Sophia's.
This guy gets lots of titles. He is so self-absorbed with revenge against Claudia for the torment she put him through that it consumes the guy. I honestly felt kind of bad for him. Could he not find the joy in life after being able to get away from her? Ben had a serious case of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. He was scared physically and emotional because of the 'wench.' I didn't like how he kept trying to guilt trip Sophia into doing what he wanted for "her protection."
What is it with the guys thinking they know what is best of Sophia? The girl has a mind of her own and has no problem vocalizing it; so, Ben why do you think you need to tell her what she can and can't do? Maybe it is because you lost what you thought you had waiting for you all along.
Here are a few things I learned from Ben's character.
1. Don't take advantage of those around you. He did that with Sophia and then he lost her.
2. Don't sit on your butt and waste time with things or people you know you have no future with, just because you are not ready to "settle down or commit."
3. Revenge makes you bitter and consumes your life. You lose focus on all other goals, just to get back at someone. It is unhealthy and you end up making foolish choices.
4. Realize the choices you make effect the people around you. Ben just leaves, he doesn't care the torment or sorrow he puts on his family? How selfish can the guy be?
Ben, I was rooting for you at the beginning, thinking you were going to get your head out of your-ass and be a mad, but NO you failed me. All I found out about you was that you are selfish and stubborn.
Let me say, I wasn’t as in love with book 2 as I was with book 1. That is why it received a 4 star rating. Does that mean I am not going to read the next one? HECK NO! I am totally going to continue reading this series, until I am no longer able too.
So don’t star clicking on next post.
Keep on reading!
Traci's Top TEN
This work by Book Plus Heart is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
If you would like to quote us, please just give us credit. Thank you.